Frequently Asked Questions

Where do your students come from?

The majority of our students come from East Asian countries such as China, South Korea and Vietnam.  We also welcome students from South America, Europe, the Middle East and West Africa.

How do you ensure students are in compliance with U.S. Government regulations?

All Campus Bridge students must obtain an I-20 document through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) of the Department of Homeland and Security, and, consequently, an F-1 U.S. student visa.  Campus Bridge cooperates with schools to ensure that all of our students are in compliance with government regulations.

In what grades do you place students?

Students in our program enter in grades 7-11.  Our students typically remain in their schools and graduate with an American high school diploma before matriculating at an American college or university.  We also accommodate students who wish to study in America in the short-term for one year or one semester.

What types of schools do your students attend?

Our students primarily attend private day schools in the United States.  All of the schools are fully accredited and offer rigorous college preparatory curricula and programs.  These schools offer students numerous opportunities, including a variety of AP classes, a wealth of extracurricular opportunities and college admissions assistance from American guidance professionals.


For Parents and Students

I would like for my child to attend an American university.  Should I wait until after high school graduation to send him/her to the United States?

With seats at the top American colleges and universities in high demand, candidates who have demonstrated mastery of the American high school curriculum and proficiency in the English language will be at a distinct advantage when applying to colleges in the United States.  Of equal importance, international students who have already attended American schools and overcome the challenges of acclimating to a new culture and acquiring a new language will be able to enter college fully confident of their ability to succeed in a foreign environment.

How will my child be cared for in the United States?

The well-being and safety of the students in our care is of paramount importance.  Your child will have an extremely strong and reliable network for care and support throughout his/her time in the United States.  Collectively, the Campus Bridge team has nearly 30 years of experience providing guidance and care for international students.  All students will live with an American host family carefully screened and selected by our Residency Coordinator.  The schools in which our students study also have years of experience educating and serving international students.  By working together, the Campus Bridge team, the host family and the school form a support system that ensures your child will receive the utmost care, attention and guidance while studying in the U.S.

How can I stay updated on my child’s progress?

Your child will be assigned a Campus Bridge Advisor (CBA) while studying in the U.S.  The CBA will meet regularly with your child and his/her host family to monitor academic and social progress.  In addition to all school progress reports and report cards, you will receive an official Campus Bridge report on your child’s academic, cultural and social adjustment, progress and development.

For Schools

How do students gain admission to Campus Bridge programs?

The Campus Bridge admission process is comprehensive.  Students submit applications, transcripts, teacher recommendations and results of an English language proficiency exam (ELTiS or TOEFL).  Campus Bridge advisors then conduct interviews with all candidates in English and submit a complete application to the cooperating school.

What is the school’s responsibility in the admission process?

Campus Bridge aims to simplify and streamline the international student admission process for our partner schools.  After compiling all the pieces of the student application, Campus Bridge will submit the materials to the school admissions office for review. The final decision on each candidate is made by the school.  If the student is accepted, the school creates the I-20 document for the student through a SEVIS account.  The I-20 is the supporting document the student will present during his/her visa interview.

How can we be sure the student will have insurance and the proper medical records and vaccinations?

We work together with the student’s family in order to organize and compile all appropriate health and vaccination records prior to the student’s arrival in the United States.  We also assist the student in obtaining a certified health insurance plan.

What if the student needs additional academic and English support?

It is fairly common that international students will need additional support – especially in their first semester – to supplement their regular course of study.  In this case, the school may request that the student receive tutoring lessons outside of school hours.  Campus Bridge will assist the student in arranging these services.

For Host Families

When can I expect my student to arrive?

Most students begin their study in the fall semester and, therefore, arrive in either the final week of August or first week of semester.

Who will act as the student’s guardian?

Though homestay parents play an essential role in an international student’s life, Campus Bridge assumes the responsibility of legal guardian for your student.

Will the student heave health insurance?

Yes, all students will have health insurance coverage.